This is a special technique that is used by hundreds of top DJs. If you release and sell your CDs, this mix will get higher review scores. If you're making a mix for your friends, there's a higher chance that they will burn it onto CDs and copy it to their iPods.
This magic "sauce" creates the perfect DJ mix:
1) Your first track must be an instrumental (no vocals)
2) Your second track must have vocals
3) The duration of your first track must be shorter than 2 minutes 30 seconds
4) The duration of your second track must be shorter than 4 minutes
5) All subsequent tracks must be shorter than 5 minutes
This trend appears on many successful DJ CDs. Try it yourself and hear how good it sounds.
Discussion about this technique